Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 1 Friday March 25th - Dromoland Castle

Everyone arrived into Shannon Airport at 5:45 am, picked up the rental cars and went to Dromoland Castle. Toured the grounds, took naps, Dave and Kimber went for a bike ride.

I got into Ireland Saturday morning about 8:30 am. My bag was right there!! So glad. I got some Euros and found the air shuttle bus to the train station in Dublin. I got on that and got to the Houston train station just in time. Didn't understand one of the customer service agents "go to flat 2 and through the arches" strong irish accent. I had to ask him again.

I bought my train ticket from Dublin to Cork, transfer to Limerick Station, leaving at 11:00! It was an expensive one way ticket 50 Euros!!! I wasn't that impressed with Dublin. The train ride was two hours through the country side. It was beautiful. I enjoyed sitting next to Irish people. Two irish men helped me in the train station and were super nice. An elderly couple and a young lady sat next to me on the train. The young lady had beautiful long red hair, the elderly couple spoke irish, couldn't understand them. The man was drinking and said you can never start to early!

I made a transfer in Limerick to Limerick Station. My mom, michelle, stacey and shayna were there to pick me up! That was fun. Everyone was hungry so we stopped at a little grocery store and than made our way to Dromoland Castle! They drive on the left side . . . white line always on your right! So weird. Stacey drove crazy, but I always feel comfortable with him driving.

The people at the castle felt so bad I missed my flight they upgraded our room from a KING to two doubles with no extra charge!!! So nice!!!

The Castle and Grounds were everything I imagined and it was a wonderful stay. It was an amazing 5 star resort! We toured the beautiful grounds and toured the inside. We took so many fun photos. We sat in the Hydro Spa jacuzzi, had yummy fruit smoothies, chocolate cookie and fruit, relaxed, got massages and pedicures, had TEA TIME (desserts, tea and sandwiches) and ate Fish N Chips and sparking apple cider drinks at the Fig Tree Room Restaurant. Made toasts, laughed and stayed up late talking. We returned to our rooms. Mom gave us some helpful hints while touring Ireland Do's and Don't's and she gave us each journals to write down our adventures with a map of ireland and where we would be traveling. The one thing we were told was to just sit and enjoy the Irish People. They are some of the nicest people in the world!!!

We forced ourselves to stay up late.

I had a difficult time sleeping. I felt anxious. I missed the kids and Drew. I phoned Drew early in the morning. Michelle told me to. I had a good talk with her that night. I am so glad I brought Ashton's pillow and Jaida's blanket with me.

History of Dromoland Castle CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE IMAGES

There was one king that resided in this castle, it's 1,012 yrs old. They did add one wing to it when Pres. Bush went to stay there.



I LOVE THIS ONE, MOM AND I ARE TRYING TO SKIP SHE MADE ME LAUGH.
TEA TIME EVERY DAY FROM 3-5PM THANKS MICHELLE FOR RECOMMENDING THIS. SO FUN!









No comments:

Post a Comment