Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 10 Flying Back To The States

We arrived at the Shannon Airport at 7:00 am, returned the rental cars. Got all checked in. I had no problems getting out with my passport. Had to go through two security check points. Michelle's umbrella got confiscated, some of her sea shells and rocks. We got to our gate. Drew flew at a different time. They solved the car rental issue and saved us about $500 dollars which was great. We all did our Tax Duty, to get our refunds.

The flight was 7 hours. Long flight. Watched two movies, slept and played Phase 10.

When we arrived in Newark our gates were right by each others. Dave and Kimber left at noon, about 20 minutes after we landed. Mine left at 2:00 and Michelle's left at 3:00. She stayed with me at my gate and talked to Jared and the kids.

I left at 2:00, arrived into Chicago at 3:30, drove two hours to Indiana. Jaida and Ashton were so excited to see me. They ran right up to me, hugged me, smiled and laughed and said MOMMY. Jaida just kept starring at me. They were happy and so was I. We stayed the night and drove 5 hours to our home the next day.

Stacey, Mom and Shayna left Shannon and flew to London. They all got on the same flight and left straight for San Francisco. They ended up leaving one of their souvenir bags with lots of their gifts, hundreds of dollars worth. Hopefully they can track it down.

Everyone made it home and safe. We were all happy to be home with our families

No comments:

Post a Comment