Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 2 Saturday March 26th - Cliffs of Moher and Killarney


Woke early and went running with Chelle and Kimber. We went for a nice 2 mile run around the lake infront of the Castle. It was absolutely beautiful. Chilly, but we were dressed for it. We had a nice talk and enjoyed the fog and cool fresh air. We got ready for the day and all packed up. We met everyone down stairs for a continental breakfast. Michelle had the traditional Irish breakfast which included black and white pudding which is actually blood!! I am not an adventure eater. I like what I like. We enjoyed smoothies, fresh fruit, yogurt and Irish potatoes. They served everything on this very fine China with silver lids, no matter what you ordered. Super fancy! After breakfast we each paid our bills and got a few last photos. Michelle and I talked to John, our favorite Irish men at the Castle. Super nice and friendly. He spoke to us in Gaelic. We got a video for Maile.

We drove to the Cliffs Of Moher.

Our second day with beautiful sunny skies and nice weather!!!

The drive up to the Cliffs was breathtaking. Beautiful Irish country side. Lots of sheep, green fields and stoney walls. Just what I had invisioned. I drove with Stace and Shayna. We enjoyed stopping at different places to take photos. We talked and enjoyed music (I had a couple of great play lists for this trip). I played a song for Stace from Mumford and Sons (Awake My Soul) that I dedicated to him. I heard this song and cried after I found out about his skin cancer in his chest. I have always been super close with Stace. We are two peas in a pod!!! Great song!!! We listened to a song that reminds me of LILY (Dream).

We stopped in the cutest surf town just below the Cliffs. We decided we would stop there for shopping and lunch after the Cliffs.

The Cliffs were unbelieveable. Amazing, breathtaking, awe inspiring!!! A bit of Heaven. Such magnificence. We hiked both sides and even went beyond the point we were told we shouldn't everyone else did so we did. I know you shouldn't follow and do just because others are doing. We got great photos and Dave almost lost it as we watched two people get TOO close, Way to close to the cliffs edge!

After the wonderful hike we stopped in the stores and picked up some fun souvenirs (I got a cute lephrachaun Christmas tree Ornament) I am copying Dave and Kimber and collecting ornaments from the places we have traveled and lived! We than went shopping in the surf town, took pictures on the beach and enjoyed watching all the people out on the beach, enjoying the sun. Tons of people surfing in 1 degree water. When the sun is out they take advantage. We found a place to eat lunch. Not the greatest lunch. I got a hamburger. I loved Kimber's nachos and Michelle's Greek Salad.

We did some more shopping. Picked up stuff for Jaida and Ashton, Heidi and the girls! We found out that they tax 21% and we learned we need to always charge things in Euro and make sure to get reciepts to claim our taxes at the airport and get duty free! Some of the Irish told us this and some didn't, so thankful for those who took the time to explain this to us.

I loved seeing the rocky shore line!

Before heading out we stopped for a soft served ice cream and than headed to Killarney. It as a 3 hour drive. Super long. Such good talks, laughs and singing. We talked about our lives, kids, moving, infertility.

As we neared Killarney we mentioned may be having Drew take the train from Limerick to Killarney! We found our B&B. The Mountain Dew. It was cute and quaint. Stacey, Shayna, Dave and Kimber only stayed one night. Mom, Michelle, Drew and I stayed 3 nights! They found a nice hotel right up the street from us. I was able to talk to Drew and we decided it would be best for him to take the train. We would pick him up after church in the morning.

I was able to talk to Ashton. He was so cute and fun. Just chatting away. Glad they are doing so well. Heidi kept saying how good they are, so well behaved and not demanding at all and play so well together and by themselves. just happy and easy! I was so glad to hear.

We than ate popcorn and played a game Catch Phrase.

The time changed ahead one hour. I was so exhausted and had bad congestion. I needed sleep. Jet lag was setting in. I was glad to sleep.





IS THIS MY PHOTO?
OR IS THIS ONE?

(YES I TOOK THIS PHOTO, THE FIRST ONE IS A PHOTO OF A PHOTO)

Here are the videos Stacey Took:








No comments:

Post a Comment